Monday, August 2, 2010

Dad is here!

Yesterday Dad finally got off the plane and came to our apartment. He didn't come until really late in the morning, so the house was filled with quiet anticipation. We watched from our balcony outside to see when he would cross the crosswalk. I thought he did once, but it wasn't him. When we got here, we were barefoot at the elevator waiting for him and when he got out we just tackled him! When he got in the apartment and put his bags down we tackled him some more until he said that it was enough. Then Dad changed his clothes and we showed him around the town. We went to my favorite patisserie to get of course another lemon pie and a baguette. Then we went to a close playground, the river and showed him the Eiffel Tower.
Today we went to an inside-out building with all the pipes, air-conditioners, and elevators outside, but the inside was a museum. The first exhibit was called DreamLand. I don't know why because it was just sculptures of strange things but it sure was fun..ee!!!! There was even a lips couch! When we got out of DreamLand, Dad said we should go have lunch at a special restaurant that his friend reccomended. It was a Falafel filled with yummy stuff--completely vegetarian I should note. I didn't eat all of it but I ate most of it. Elliott dropped a piece of his Falafel and the pigeons just attacked it. They even attacked each other to get to it. There was one that had a limp leg that was all curled up and it only put the top of its toes on the ground. I even saw a pigeon with a stump leg (a pirate pigeon)!!! Then we went back to the inside-out building to look at more art. It started raining just before we went in, and when we got out, it was still raining a bit, but by the time we got home on the subway it stopped. Ok, I'm done, bye bye, make some comments.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your Dad got there and that you are all having fun together now! Your cousins and their parents arrived today and we have been having fun too. We all walked over to get some of that yummy ice cream tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. From the looks of it, you were at the Centre Pompidou. That's one of my favorite museums in Paris - I'm quite jealous of you. Although, I will say, that I remember all of those putrid, pestilent, Parisian pigeons as well. I recall seeing several that not only had stump legs, but eye patches, tattoos, and little swords - pirates indeed! They'd coerce all kinds of food bits from tourists - the wretches! So glad to hear that you're having a nice trip and I look forward to hearing all about it when you're back in Atlanta.

    All the best, Nirej.

    ReplyDelete