Saturday, August 7, 2010

Up! Up! Up! Up!

Sorry I haven't written in so long, but we haven't been able to get internet. Now I'm going to tell you where we are. We are camping in the mountains in France!!!! We brought our tent and we got a big rental car with foldup seats, so every breakfast lunch and dinner we can eat in it. We just use the tent for sleeping. Our camping site has lots of facilities too, like bathrooms, showers, places to wash dishes and do laundry, brushing your teeth. There is even an internet room in which I am writing to you right now. Today we drove to an opening in the mountains and we hiked right in. We hiked for a long time and on the way we saw an opening where there was absolutely no shade at all. We saw a giant waterfall and lots of boulders on the river which I climbed on a lot. Then we ate some sweet bread, had some water, and moved on. Then we just aimed up, up, up... Finally Mom said we had to start going back down even though I wanted to keep going.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's been so long since I went camping that the idea of an Internet-accessible campsite kind of boggles my mind! Glad you're enjoying your mountain camping and climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maya I love reading your blog, I could finally seat and enjoy it... Camping in France sounds amazing!!! Please keep posting. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete