Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Children's Museum

Today we went to the biggest playground EVER!!!!!!! A children's museum! We had to take 2 trains to get there, but we did it. When we got there the line was real long to get tickets. We survived and got our tickets to go in. To our dissappointment, we found out that we could only stay for 90 minutes. When we got in first thing I saw was a little garden exhibit. I went in and saw ANTS! a real ant hill! and it was glass so I could see the ants doing their work inside. There was even a cemetery where they put all the dead ants. And I learned that a worker and a queen rub antennas to see if they are from the same colony. If they are, then the worker can feed the queen. And I learned that all the food scraps go into one big compost pile. They have different rooms for different types of food too, like grain, fruit and meat. There was a butterfly room with butterflies everywhere! And flowers and plants that butterflies like to suck on. Then we heard some rock music so we went through a little door and there was a stage where you could pretend that you were playing the instruments and it filmed you and looked like you were professional rock bands singing old songs. There were lots of other things, but it would probably take up all of my blog space if I wrote it all down here. I HAVE to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid my Dad made an ant farm for me with two parallel pieces of glass about two inches apart in a frame. I dug up an ant hill in the back yard and put the dirt and ants into my ant farm. I set it in the closet and waited for the ants to rebuild their tunnels and eveything, but they never did! I think they just crawled out through the air holes in the lid and went back outside!

    ReplyDelete